Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Casting Crowns

“Praise You In This Storm”

When someone asks me what is the most inspiring Christian song I know, the first song I think of is by Casting Crowns called “Praise You In This Storm”. Every time I am going through something personal and heart aching I listen to this song and it reminds me to always give Him to glory; no matter what happens. It says “and though my heart is torn, I will praise you in this storm” which is easier said than done but we as Christians must do it. All of Casting Crowns songs are so wonderfully worded and truly comforts me when they sing about how the Lord holds my tears in his hands and how He never leaves my side. It makes me feel not as alone as I felt before I listened to the song. Us Village Christian Academy students have been through a lot this year, I know I have and this song assures me that we are never alone in the vicious storms of our lives.
Another song that also brings chills down my spine and tears to my eyes is “East to West” by Casting Crowns. God says that He will cast our sins as far as the east is from the east and in this song he sings “How far is the east from the west?” It also says “In your arms of mercy I find rest” which also gives me peace inside and it also lets me know that anytime I sin, He shows me mercy. I know when terrible things happen to me, my friends, or family, I feel so alone and broken. This line lets me know that I can be cradled in God’s arms anytime I want.

1 comment:

  1. I agree, God never lets us go, even when we must face horrible tragedies. He always uses the bad things in the world to bring us closer to Him.

    ReplyDelete